What is the role of AMFI?
- AMC are also under an organization called the AMFI, which is a body that has been created to promote the interests of the mutual funds like CII is there for Indian industries or NASSCOM for the IT industries.
- They define the standards for the mutual funds working
- They frame the code of conduct and promote best business practices.
- To interact with SEBI for all related matters with the mutual funds.
- To represent the mutual fund industry in front of the government, RBI and other bodies which have a link with the mutual fund industry.